Author, Poet and Creative Writing Teacher
Who I am
In this policy whenever you see the terms ‘I’, ‘Me’ or ‘My,’ it refers to Maria Stephenson (Author, Poet and Creative Writing Teacher) and Facilitator of Creative Writing Courses and Retreats.
I am the course tutor of ‘Write a Novel in Six Months/A Year’ and ‘Write a Collection of Poetry in Six Months/A Year.’ I facilitate writing workshops and retreats and have authored ‘Don’t Call me Mum’ and ‘Poetry for the Newly Single 40 Something.’ (Stairwell Books)
I have been established as a Creative Writing Teacher since April 2013.
What information do I collect about you?
I only collect information about you that I need:
- to provide the service you have requested, this will include a sign up to a course or free subscription to news and events
- To keep you informed as a reader of forthcoming publications that may interest you
The personal information I collect may include:
- Your name including title
- Email address and phone number
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of any transactions you carry out via my website (PayPal will hold your secure details)
- Your contact preferences
When I ask for your personal information, I will explain why we need it and direct you to this policy.
How will I use the information I collect?
I will only use your information for the purpose you provided it for or have given me prior consent for. This may include:
- To process your booking or online purchase
- To send you information about the writing courses and events that may be of interest to you
- To send you other information you may be interested in, e.g. book publications
How I share your information
I do not share your personal information with any third party or external organisations for any purpose other than those detailed below. I work with carefully selected service providers who carry out some functions on my behalf. These service providers will act on my instructions and adhere to the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations). These include:
- I use a bulk email distributor (MailChimp) for any e-news. Your information is stored securely and is password protected.
- I use PayPal to process online payments
I ensure that any transfer of data is done securely, in accordance with best practice and in accordance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
I will never sell or pass your personal data to a third party for marketing purposes. I will only use your data myself for marketing if you have given me permission.
How I store your data and keep it secure
I take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is kept secure. I hold personal data in electronic and paper form.
I will keep your information only for as long as I need it to provide you with the goods, services or information you have requested. All electronic information is password protected.
This policy was last updated on 7 August 2018
How to contact me
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: 7 St Martin’s Field, Otley, Leeds, LS21 2FN
By phone: 07464 310998
Through my website: www.mariastephenson.com